Wednesday, April 8, 2015

No. 125 Antique Knock-Down Wardrobe in Queenstown Gray


This next piece is a knock down wardrobe.  It would come all the way apart to move and then easily be re-assembled.  I love old pieces like this, both functional and cool, you can just imagine it was used in a small room that didn't have a closet. 

Here is the before...
The original finish wasn't as good as it looks in this picture.  But, I did show this piece to one of my wood purist friends and he suggested leaving a piece of the original wood showing through.  He knows by now it was going to be painted!

But I thought instead of stripes or something plain, how about a reverse stencil design?  I worked with Dali Decals (who were fantastic! and no, I was not paid to say that) to resize the decals I wanted and then got to work.

I applied the decals, gave it one coat of poly, then applied two coats over the whole piece of General Finishes Milk Paint in Queenstown Gray - a yummy charcoal!  Peel the decals off and you are left with these awesome trees, and lovely wood grain.  One coat over the whole piece with poly to seal it up.

Love the empire style feet and the casters.  The lower drawers got new etched glass knobs. 

This piece has the original key!


Now you are itching to use a decal as a reverse stencil too right? 
This lovely wardrobe is available in the shop.

Blessings!
Jenni




Linking up:
Miss Mustard Seed
Elizabeth & Co.
Embracing Change



1 comment: