Wednesday, April 8, 2015

No. 124 Antique Dresser in Blue

Hello friends!

I'm catching up with you today with a couple of new furniture makeovers...


This first dresser was one I've probably passed up at my favorite furniture store about a hundred times, she was cast off way in the back and she was in rough shape.  A few of the drawer glides were missing and one drawer bottom was broken through so the drawer wouldn't open.  But I was feeling in the mood for a project.

Here is what she looked like when I found her...
Terrible quick pic, this dresser was actually already blue.  While I generally tend to stay away from already painted pieces, this previous paint job was in pretty good shape, with no chipping or flaking.  And I despise stripping paint, so it was going to stay. I also really liked the color it already was, bright and spring-y, a happy little antique dresser.

Two coats of homemade milk paint in a pretty close shade of blue (color matched to Farrow and Balls Blue Ground).  The top drawer was broken, so that space became a shelf.  Painted in General Finishes Linen Milk Paint.  The drawer interiors received the same color.  I really love the backs of these antique pieces, love the plank boards, so I'm glad to see it back there - just adds a bit more character. 

Finished off with glass knobs and a coat of Fiddes and Sons Clear Wax. 


This lovely little piece is ready for her new home!
Available in the Roots and Wings Etsy Shop!

Blessings!
Jenni



Linking up:
Miss Mustard Seed
Elizabeth & Co.
Embracing Change






No comments:

Post a Comment