Tuesday, February 10, 2015

No. 117 Indigo Blue Cupboard


Hello!  How about a little blue cupboard for you today. I am loving blue, it just seems so fresh, and yet still neutral, like your favorite pair of blue jeans.  I would paint all things navy right now if I could.  But, that may get a little boring.  So here is a brighter blue - Indigo Cloth to be precise.

Here is where this baby started...

All oak, and solid, but blah.  I originally bought this thinking it would be a good size vanity for a small bathroom with a basin sink sitting on top.  And while that would still work, I think it really could be used anywhere.


This was two coats of homemade chalk paint, distressed.  Finished with a coat of paste wax, and then touches of dark wax. 


New ceramic knobs add just a bit of pattern.


Where would you use this?  Small side board, bedside table, entry way??  See...the possibilities are endless! This blue beauty available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!







By the way, when I was at the store grabbing these flowers, I saw they are bringing out the potting soil for sale!  Rejoice, spring is coming (eventually)!

Blessings, 
Jenni


Linking up:
Elizabeth & Co.
Miss Mustard Seed
Embracing Change


3 comments:

  1. Hi--I'm visiting from Elizabeth & Co. So nice to meet you :) Love the color you chose for the chest. I think it would look perfect in my guest room! Nice job--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana, thank you so much for stopping by, so glad you did! Thanks for the kind compliments!!

      Delete
  2. A charming little cupboard and I love the deep dark blue! Featured you at our party this week. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete