Friday, March 20, 2015

No. 120 Antique Chest and Mirror in General Finishes Linen



I've been stocking up on furniture for spring lately.  I even saw the first sign for a yard sale, and I almost stopped to take a picture...sure sign that warmer weather must be on the way! And with warmer weather, more treasure hunting!!

Here is where this one started...
Walking through the furniture store, I really didn't even look at this one that closely, I just knew I wanted it. 

When I got home I noticed it was another Berkey & Gay!  You'll see my last B & G piece here.  The quality of these is just incredible.  Stands up to the test of time beautifully!
I refinished the top in General Finishes Java Gel Stain, and three coats of High Performance Poly in flat finish.  The case is Linen milk paint also by General Finishes.  This color grew on me, it is darker than cream, but not beige.  It's really like a mix of the light and dark strands in linen cloth if that makes sense.  It's a fabulous neutral color.  I am just loving this paint, it has a wonderfully smooth finish and just the perfect sheen to it. 

I put new bail pulls on this.  These just look classier to me. 
A light distressing on all the edges. 

I didn't get many great mirror pictures, but it is in great shape.  And this chest could be used with or without the mirror.

This beauty is available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!


More posts coming, I'm trying to catch up!
Jenni







No comments:

Post a Comment