Monday, August 11, 2014

No. 90 Antique Grey & White Dresser



When I saw this dresser on my last shopping trip, I knew it was coming home with me!  Especially when I opened the top drawer and saw it was  Berkey & Gay.  This will probably sound weird, but there are some pieces I feel honored to work on, and this is one of them.  The quality in construction on this is amazing!

Here she was before...
Someone had taped up the left top drawer, like scotch magic tape all over it.  It wasn't holding anything together, it was just there.

I love taking these dark wood pieces and just brightening them up!
The veneer top was mahogany, but I didn't want it red, so I stained it in Dark Walnut for the rich dark color.  There was also some great patina in the wood on the edges, which I left.

This is a custom mixed chalk paint in a light grey.  Highlights in white.  The distressing is just wonderful on all these details.
I kept the original knobs on the lower drawers, and changed the top ones (one was broken).  I painted them all the same white and distressed.  They got a clear coat of spray paint to make sure they can stand the test of time.  The drawers are all dovetail, and work well.  One of them got sanded down a bit to make glide smoothly (if your drawers are sticking, start by sanding the bottom of the drawers!).  The top right drawer has a jewelry holder which just makes this piece so much more fantastic!



Y'all this one is my favorite yet!  She is available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop

Blessings,
Jenni




1 comment: