Tuesday, July 7, 2015

No. 132 Red Oak Dresser


 A couple weeks ago, my friend text me this picture, and said..."do you want it?"






Uh, YES! I've admired this piece at her house several times, and she just ran out of space for it.  Happily, I took it off her hands.  And this is what I did with it...



I kind of forget about red sometimes. 



Then I see the perfect red accent piece, and I wonder how that happened.

This was two coats of SW Heartthrob mixed in Behr paint.  I like when the grain shows through red paint, almost like a stain effect.

I glazed this piece, with a dark java glaze, and it settled in all the oak grain and distressed edges, and just toned down the color a bit.


The top knobs are now these red and white ceramic knobs. 

The bottom knobs were re-colored gold to match the key holes.









 This piece is listed in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!




Blessings!
Jenni




Linking up here:
Miss Mustard Seed
Elizabeth & Co.
Embracing Change

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful Jenni! I really need to use red more often too. Featured at Be Inspired this morning. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete