Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No. 92 Stenciled Sewing Table

 Hello!


I follow a number of home/furniture blogs.  I find lots of inspiration there.  So one day I saw this picture,



stenciled farmhouse table
source

and I had to do it. NOW!  TODAY!! The only thing I had that would work at the time was a little sewing table.  Here's my take:

How cute it that!?!

Here is the before:
This is the second exact one of these I've done.  They are un-remarkable and blah.  In fact I almost didn't buy either one.  But they refinish just so nicely.  The veneer on top turns out great!





The top was sanded to raw wood, I then used a damask stencil with Antique White by Behr.  Give it a light sanding when dry and apply the stain.  In this case I used Minwax Dark Walnut.  Then the good ole' 3 coats of Poly. 


The base was painted in a homemade chalk paint of the same Antique White, distressed and waxed.  I was a little worried about the fact that the top stencil didn't match the case because of the stain being applied over the paint, but when I put the hardware on, it really pulled it all together.

These sewing tables could be used for so many things, nightstand, end table, or even a mini-desk!

This little beauty is available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!


Blessings!
Jenni

Linking up here:
Elizabeth & Co.
Miss Mustard Seed












2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully. I found your link over at Miss Mustard Seed. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete