Monday, December 7, 2015

No. 135 Drexel Chest of Drawers | Two Ways


I got my hands on a beautiful Drexel chest of drawers recently.  And it was refinished in two different ways, see which one you like best!

Here it is when I got it. 

I first painted it in Coastal Blue, that is my very favorite General Finishes color.  Navy, regal, masculine but neutral.  With distressed details and polished up hardware. 






A customer was interested very quickly, but she was looking for black rather than blue, and with gold accents!  So it was a repaint in Lamp Black!

Here is take 2...




This time instead of distressing, the edges are accented in Antique Gold Rub n' Buff. 

I usually apply this wax with a Q-tip (unless you want guilded fingers!), but it wasn't giving me the crisp lines I was looking for. 

So here is a little trick, first apply the Rub n' Buff to a piece of dowel rod (a stick or pencil would work too), then rub along the edges.  The hard surface gives cleaner lines. 




So, what has your vote?   Coastal Blue or Lamp Black?

This piece has sold, but check out what else is available in the shop here!

Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment