Friday, March 28, 2014

No. 69 Antique Teal Upright Dresser

Before


This dresser was came with a curved foot board bed that was just too good to pass up.  So in the crazy PA snow I went to pick up the set.

I really hope our finishes don't look as bad as this one 30 years from now...it was a light green with a brown streaky glaze.

Stripping the top was a chore, it's like wiping snot on the top and then scraping off a sticky nasty mess. But I think it was worth it...




I used General Finishes Gel Stain in Java, and at first it looked flat and too dark, but once the Poly-Acrylic was added it just brought it to life!  I used a white pinstripe detail around the edge to tie it in with the white details on the body.


 Check out all those drawers!  This is a great storage piece.






 This is an awesome teal color (SW Green Bay mixed in Behr). I used dark wax just to give it a little dimension and age.  There is a date on one of the drawers 5/14/21.  It makes me so happy to find dates.



I think the two different knobs tie it together just perfectly!

She's available in the shop here: Roots & Wings Etsy Shop


Blessings!
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment