Friday, June 12, 2015

No. 128 Antique Oak Dresser in Black


Last weekend I popped into Cranberry Consignment Gallery to drop off a few things in effort to "get them out of the garage" after our tag sale.  I got everything unloaded and was just looking around, shopping a bit when the store owner came up and said the best words to a furniture nut like me.

"There's a guy here who has a vanity in his car in the parking lot, he has an offer on it, but I just thought you may want to take a look". 

YES, please!  And do you know what he pulled out of his car... this lovely oak dresser.


I know, right, why didn't I take time to put those drawers back for a picture?

Who knows. 

The drawers needed a little work, one was broken.  But easy to repair. 

So much for cleaning out the garage.  This also came with a fabulously huge mirror.  I'm not actually sure they were originally intended to go together, so I have other plans for the mirror (frame). 


This dresser was begging to be black, can't you hear it.  Perfect match. 

So two coats of General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint later, and it's lovely. 


Distressing black over oak, oh I love it.  This piece has great classic details that are just so classy.

And these pulls are awesome.  Original brass bail pulls, fancy fancy.  With great brass key escutcheons.


The top was sanded down, stained a bit darker with Dark Walnut, and sealed with three coats of General Finishes High Performance Poly in Flat finish. 

This classy dresser is available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!

 

Blessings!
Jenni



Linking up this week:
Elizabeth & Co.
Miss Mustard Seed
Embracing Change




No comments:

Post a Comment