Tuesday, January 27, 2015

No. 115 White Dresser with Wood Top

Hello from snowy PA!!


My pastor's family was left with some "stuff" after a renter moved out of their rental house.  So I got to come pick through.  I have to admit, I can't blame her for leaving it, especially when this dresser looked like this...


Good bones, but blah.  Those knobs are cool, but far too big for this dresser, and one was missing. 

Break out the palm sander, and some white paint, and here's what's left.


Do you like how my fish made the staging pictures?  That counts as something "alive" right?  There sure isn't much living under all that snow outside right now.  Gah...also, please excuse my trouble with my white balance. 

Back to the dresser...this is 2-3 coats of homemade chalk paint in my favorite white (Woodlawn Bedroom White).  Distressed a little heavier this time, it just felt right for this piece.  And waxed using this ah-ha! method and Minwax Paste Wax - watch that tutorial, it will make you like paste wax once again.


The top turned out so lovely, this was English Chestnut stain (a little lighter than normal), and three coats of Minwax Poly-Acrylic in satin finish.


I've had this combo in my head for a while, white with these fun knobs.  Just the right pop of color, incorporating teal, orange, gold, black, white...you could go any direction with these.


This great white dresser is available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!

Stay warm out there!
Jenni




Linking up here:
Elizabeth & Co.
Miss Mustard Seed
Embracing Change



No comments:

Post a Comment