Wednesday, October 22, 2014

No. 101 & 102 Blue Vintage Waterfall Dresser & Wardrobe

 Before:


Sometimes, furniture just comes out of the woodwork (pun intended).  As soon as people know you will take their old, unwanted, in-the-way-furniture off their hands, they offer it to you. Such was the case here.  These art deco pieces aren't my style, BUT sometimes, you just have to break out of the mold a bit.  Anyway...here's where these two ended up:


This is a wonderful color - Valspar's La Fonda Villa Fountain (what kind of name is that!?) - a smokey, blue, green, gray.  Love it.  Mixed up in homemade chalk paint, two coats covered nicely.  Light distressing, and finished off with General Finishes Poly Acrylic in flat. 


I still think a wax finish is my favorite, but I've been experimenting with a few others, and this was a success.  I'll share more when I get a little more used to the product.


This wardrobe has a cedar interior, and a hanging bar on the left for clothes.  This would be a great way to add storage to a small space. 

These knobs came from World Market, and they are awesome, so are these...
I thought this piece was a little funky, so why not add a few birds to the mix...why not?


Available in the Roots & Wings Etsy Shop!

Blessings,
Jenni

























No comments:

Post a Comment