Wednesday, September 10, 2014

No. 95 Vintage Aqua Chest of Drawers


Hey y'all! I've been busy in my basement, so I have a couple projects to share with you today!

The first started off as an 80's oak chest of drawers.  Before...

After...
This was a great paint transformation project.  I sanded it down, and cleaned it with TSP.  Mixed up a batch of homemade chalk paint (color matched in Behr Paint to Farrow & Ball's "Blue Ground").  After two coats, I distressed all the great details with 120 grit.  I like to go over the whole thing (especially flat places) with 400 grit sandpaper, this gives it the super smooth finish I like.  I wiped off the dust and waxed in with Fiddes and Sons clear wax.

The hardware was sprayed in Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint.
This aqua beauty is off to Oklahoma to live in a little girl's room!

Blessings!
Jenni



Linking up here:
Elizabeth & Co
Miss Mustard Seed




No comments:

Post a Comment