Thursday, April 24, 2014

No. 72 Coral Bench

Before...

 
 I just couldn't resist those great legs.
But, they look so much better now...

If this bench doesn't say spring, I don't know what will!  This is the second color choice for my personal color challenge. 
I went slightly pinker with my coral pick, it is 2 parts Japanese Kimono 1 part Guava Jam by Behr.  I couldn't decide between the two colors so I mixed them together into homemade chalk paint.  Perfect.


I recovered the top with outdoor fabric in a great bright ikat.  Wouldn't this just be a perfect bench in the front hall to put on shoes.  Or an ottoman in a room that needs a pop of color. 

I sealed this little bench with Howard's Feed and Wax, I applied it liberally and let it sit overnight before wiping it with a rag. The chalk paint just soaked it up and it has a nice shine. 

Available in the shop here Roots & Wings Etsy Shop

Blessings!!
Jenni




No comments:

Post a Comment